Total time: 10 minutes | Serves 8 to 10
Note: From Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken of Ciudad.
- 1 1/2 cups kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 cup California black olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup unstuffed green olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 anchovy fillets, unrinsed (optional)
- 1/2 cup high-quality olive oil
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
Step 1Combine the olives, capers, garlic, anchovies (if using), olive oil, lemon juice and pepper, to taste, in a food processor and pulse to finely chop and combine (this will not be pureed; there should be some texture to the ingredients). Taste; adjust seasonings as needed. Makes slightly more than 2 cups. Serve with crackers.
48 calories; 0 protein; 1 gram carbohydrate; 0 fiber; 5 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 179 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Sauces and Condiments