Total time: 20 minutes | Serves 12 to 16
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic, more to taste
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 lemon, juiced, more to taste
- 1 1/2 cups water, more or less as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin, more to taste
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper, more to taste
Step 1In a food processor or blender, combine the garbanzo beans, black beans, olive oil, garlic, tahini paste and lemon juice. With the motor running, drizzle in the water until the beans are blended and a smooth consistency is achieved. Add the cayenne pepper, cumin, salt and pepper, then blend again. Taste and adjust seasonings and flavorings if desired. This makes 4 cups hummus; the hummus will keep, covered and refrigerated, for 5 days.
Note: Adapted from Mediterraneo in Hermosa Beach.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Appetizers