Total time: 40 minutes | Serves 4 to 6
Note: Adapted from BLD in Los Angeles. Hemp seeds can be found at select well-stocked markets as well as most health food stores.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons sweet rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
Step 1In a blender, grind the ginger, shallots and rosemary to a paste.
Step 2Add the soy sauce, honey, vinegar and lemon juice to the ginger mixture and blend until fairly smooth.
Step 3With the blender running, slowly add the oil. This makes about three-fourths cup dressing, more than is needed for the remainder of the recipe. The dressing will keep, up to 3 days, covered and refrigerated.
Fresh vegetable salad
- 2 cups shelled edamame beans
- 1 cup raw fresh yellow corn
- 2/3 cup diced avocado
- 2/3 cup toasted and salted cashews
- 1/2 cup sliced or diced roasted and peeled red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups French green beans (haricot vert), blanched, shocked and chopped
- 2 cups diced jicama
- 1/2 cup salad dressing, more as desired
- 1 cup daikon sprouts
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
Step 1In a large bowl, combine the edamame, corn, avocado, cashews, peppers, green beans and jicama. Add one-half cup of the dressing and toss to coat. Taste, and add additional dressing if desired. Divide the salad among 4 plates and garnish with the daikon sprouts and hemp seeds. This makes about 8 cups salad. Serve immediately.
Each of 6 servings:
387 calories; 14 grams protein; 29 grams carbohydrates; 8 grams fiber; 26 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 10 grams sugar; 306 mg sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Quick and Easy