Total time: 20 minutes | Serves 4 to 6
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (about 1/2 cored head)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, slightly crushed
- Coarse sea salt
- 12 juniper berries, crushed
- 1/2 cup gin
- 1-2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
Step 1Melt the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add the cabbage and cranberries, sprinkle liberally with salt and stir until completely coated with the butter. Stir in the juniper berries and gin. Lower the heat, cover the pan and simmer, stirring often, until the cabbage is just tender, about 12 minutes. Add honey to taste, leaving the cabbage fairly tart. Season with more salt and pepper.
144 calories; 56 mg. sodium; 16 mg. cholesterol; 6 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 18 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram protein; 5.71 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Vegetables