Total time: 15 minutes, plus chilling time | Serves 6 to 8
- 2 cups cooked, drained black beans (canned are fine, just rinse off the salt)
- 2 tablespoons minced white onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 5 tablespoons best-quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and cut into about 1/2 -inch dice
- 1 cup diced hearts of palm
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium ripe Hass avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
Step 1In a mixing bowl, combine the beans, minced onion and cilantro. Add the lime juice, oil and cumin and mix well. Season with a scant one-half teaspoon salt and scant one-fourth teaspoon pepper, or to taste.
Step 2Stir in the red bell pepper, hearts of palm and grape tomatoes. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Step 3Just before serving, stir in the avocado. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
183 calories; 5 grams protein; 15 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams fiber; 12 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 82 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Appetizers