Total time: 30 minutes | Makes 4 cups
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 10 pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 3 1/2 ounces sweet white anchovy filets
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Dash salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Step 1Place half the olive oil, the plum tomatoes, olives, basil, capers, anchovies, garlic, cherry tomatoes and parsley in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, but not smooth, about 10 seconds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Step 2Pour into a serving dish, then drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Let stand for 1 hour before serving. Serve with fresh crusty bread.
Each 1-tablespoon serving:
16 calories; 71 mg sodium; 1 mg cholesterol; 1 gram fat; 0 saturated fat; 0 carbohydrates; 1 gram protein; 0.14 gram fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Appetizers