Total time: 25 minutes | Serves 12
- 1 pound Bing cherries, stemmed and pitted
- 2 teaspoons minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced tarragon
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow bell pepper
Step 1Pulse the cherries in a food processor until coarsely chopped, then place the chopped cherries in a medium bowl. Stir in the onion, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and tarragon. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper, or to taste.
Step 2Gently fold in the yellow pepper. Cover and let stand 15 minutes for the flavors to meld. This makes about 3 cups relish.
Note: From Donna Deane. You can serve this with grilled chicken, pork, sausages, lamb or beef.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Sauces and Condiments