Total time: 10 minutes, plus marinating time | Makes 6 tapas or 4 salad servings
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 ounces Spanish chorizo, cut in 3/8-inch dice
- 1 green onion, including some of the green part, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 pitted black olives
Step 1Place the chickpeas in a medium bowl and toss with the salt, oil and lemon juice. Cover and set aside to marinate at least 2 hours, up to 24 hours.
Step 2Shortly before serving, add the parsley, garlic, chorizo, spring onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and olives. Add additional salt, if necessary. Serve cold or room temperature.
Note: Start this recipe a day or two before serving, as you'll need to allow time to soak the chickpeas before cooking, then to marinate them in the oil and lemon dressing. Or, use two jars of ready-to-eat chickpeas instead of cooking them. Drain the liquid, rinse the chickpeas in water, then add the marinade.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Best Recipes