Total time: About 20 minutes, plus chilling time | Serves 4 to 6
Note: From test kitchen director Donna Deane.
- 2 European cucumbers (about 1 pound each), cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered radish (1 to 2 radishes), reserved in ice water
- Maldon sea salt
- 4 small basil leaves, cut into julienne strips
Step 1In a blender, puree the cucumber and yogurt together in batches until smooth. Pour each batch into a large bowl.
Step 2Stir in the garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper. This makes about 6 cups soup.
Step 3Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight until well chilled.
Step 4To serve, top each serving with slivered radish, a sprinkle of Maldon salt and a few julienne-cut basil leaves.
Each of 6 servings:
76 calories; 5 grams protein; 12 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram fiber; 1 gram fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 5 mg. cholesterol; 351 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Appetizers