Total time: 25 minutes, plus 2 hours chilling | Serves 4 to 6 with soup, 6 to 8 as hors d'oeuvres
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pit removed
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 12 cooked medium shrimp, split lengthwise, veins removed
- 8 large, firm cherry tomatoes, sliced paper-thin
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
Step 1Coarsely mash the avocado in a bowl with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise, onion, lime juice and jalapeno, then salt and pepper to taste.
Step 2Spread the avocado mixture on the tortillas to the edges, about 2 tablespoons on each. Scatter about 12 cilantro leaves on each. Place 6 shrimp halves across the top 1/4 of the tortilla. Place the sliced tomatoes over the shrimp, dividing evenly. Start with the shrimp end and roll up tightly. Wrap airtight in plastic; twist ends. Refrigerate 2 to 6 hours.
Step 3Cut each in half (to accompany soup) or in 4 pieces (as hors d'oeuvre). Arrange on a platter; garnish with cilantro.
Each of 8 servings:
160 calories; 348 mg sodium; 166 mg cholesterol; 4 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 20 grams protein; 1.57 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Appetizers