Total time: 35 minutes | Serves 8
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cooled, peeled, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fennel
- 2 tablespoons minced smoked salmon
- 2 teaspoons minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives, for garnish
Step 1Place the yolks in a small bowl. Use a fork to mash them. Add the sour cream and mayonnaise. Mix until smooth. Stir in the fennel, smoked salmon, onion and capers. Taste; add salt and pepper to taste. (Be careful, as smoked salmon can be very salty).
Step 2Spoon the mixture into the whites, dividing evenly, and smoothing the surface. (Alternatively, a pastry bag fitted with a fluted tube can be used.) Garnish the eggs with chives.
Note: Celery can be substituted for the fennel; the taste is different but the crunch is there. These can be made several hours ahead and refrigerated, covered loosely with plastic wrap.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Appetizers