Total time: 7 minutes | Serves 1
Note: Adapted from Brian Summers, Test Kitchen. To make the ginger maple syrup, stir 3 parts Grade B maple syrup with 1 part fresh ginger juice. Summers uses chocolate persimmons when in season.
- 1/2 persimmon, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces gin
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce ginger maple syrup
- 1/2 ounce bitter lemon soda or club soda
- Thin slices of persimmon, for garnish
Step 1Place the persimmon into a shaker and muddle. Fill with ice and add the gin, lemon juice and ginger maple syrup. Shake vigorously and strain over ice in a double old-fashioned glass. Top with a splash of bitter lemon soda or club soda. Garnish with thin slices of persimmon.
193 calories; 0 protein; 17 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 0 fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 14 grams sugar; 4 mg. sodium.