Total Time: 15 minutes | Makes a generous 3 cups dressing
Note: Adapted from Dish restaurant in La Canada Flintridge. The restaurant makes its own mayonnaise, and the variety of herbs used in the dressing changes seasonally.
- Scant 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley ( 1/4 bunch)
- 1 cup chopped basil (1 ounce)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives (1 ounce)
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, more to taste
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper, more to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, more to taste
Step 1In a blender, pulse together the parsley, basil, chives and spinach along with the cider vinegar. Remove the mixture to a large bowl and whisk in the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Taste and adjust the flavorings and seasonings as desired. This makes a generous 3 cups of dressing, which will keep, covered and refrigerated, up to 1 week.
Each tablespoon of dressing:
90 calories; 0 protein; 1 gram carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 10 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 7 mg cholesterol; 0 sugar; 122 mg sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Sauces and Condiments