1 hour, largely unattended. Serves 12.
Goat Cheese Hand
- ¾ teaspoon nigella seeds
- ¼ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 8 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 disposable medium-size glove, made of thin latex or plastic and powder-free
Beet and Orange Blood Splatter
- 8 ounces peeled and steamed beets
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh blood orange juice (from 1 small blood orange)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 radicchio or purple endive leaf, cut into thin slivers
- Pita chips or other chips or crackers, for serving
The hand in the glove and the beet purée can be refrigerated separately for up to 3 days before serving.