Total time: 15 minutes | Makes about 4 cups zhoug
Note: Adapted from a recipe from Dune in Los Angeles.
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups jalapeño, serrano or Anaheim chiles, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only, coarsely chopped
- ½ bunch parsley, leaves only, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground Aleppo pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Step 1Place the lemon juice and garlic in a blender or food processor. Set aside for a few minutes to give the lemon time to tame the garlic flavor.
Step 2Add the chiles, cilantro, parsley, cumin and aleppo. Blend or process to a chunky, salsa-like consistency. Drizzle in the olive oil and add ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste.
Calories 18; Protein 0; Carbohydrates 1 gram; Fiber 0; Fat 2 grams; Saturated fat 0; Cholesterol 0; Sugar 0; Sodium 19 mg
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Sauces and condiments