Total time: About 20 minutes | Serves 4
- 1/2 pound pasta
- 1 cup cooked, shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup smoked almonds, or cashews or pine nuts
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped,
- 1 tablespoon reserved for garnish
- 3/4 cup fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ultra-fresh garlic
- Sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper
Step 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
Step 2While the pasta cooks, combine the edamame, nuts, mint and olive oil in a blender or food processor and blend until chunky. Stir in the garlic and season with salt and pepper.
Step 3When the pasta is cooked, drain it well and return it to the pot. Add the pesto and toss until coated. Season with salt and pepper liberally to taste and top with the reserved mint.
Note: You can serve this on a sliced baguette as an appetizer as well as with pasta. Edamame, green soybeans, are available fresh and frozen in well-stocked markets.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Appetizers