Total time: 10 minutes | Serves 1 1/4 cups
Note: Adapted from the "Original Picayune Creole Cook Book" (Times-Picayune Publishing, 1901).
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced green onions, green parts only
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons minced cornichons (about 6, quartered lengthwise and then thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon juice from cornichons
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
Step 1Rub the cut surfaces of the garlic clove around the inside of a medium ceramic bowl until the bowl is wet and shiny with garlic juice. Add the mayonnaise, green onions, mustard, cornichons, cornichon juice and parsley and stir thoroughly. Taste and add a little more cornichon juice if necessary. The mixture should be piquant and full-flavored.
80 calories; 83 mg. sodium; 7 mg. cholesterol; 9 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 carbohydrates; 0 protein; 0 fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Sauces and Condiments