Total time: 10 minutes | Makes 3 or 4 tablespoons, about 4 servings
- 1 red Fresno or red jalapeno chile, cut in a few pieces, with seeds left inside
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 to 2 teaspoons water, more if needed
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
Step 1In a mini food processor, chop the chile and the garlic until fine. Add 1 teaspoon water. Process to form a paste, adding a little more water if needed. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper. Refrigerate in a covered container until ready to serve.
Each of 4 servings:
14 calories; 0 protein; 1 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 1 gram fat; 0 saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 0 sugar; 1 mg sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Sauces and condiments