Total time: 15 minutes | Serves 3 to 4
Note: You can serve this immediately, but like all coleslaws, it improves with time. Overnight chilling makes it perfect. It's worth seeking out brown rice vinegar, available in Japanese markets, but you can substitute regular rice wine vinegar.
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted, salted peanuts
Step 1Combine the cabbages and carrot in a large bowl. Toss the mixture with your hands and set aside.
Step 2For the dressing, combine the walnut oil, sesame oil, vinegar, tamari, maple syrup and ginger in a small bowl, and whisk to blend.
Step 3Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Sprinkle with the peanuts. Chill and serve.
162 calories; 4 grams protein; 12 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams fiber; 12 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 270 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Quick and Easy