Total time: 45 minutes | Serves 4 to 6 as a first course or side dish
Note: Other raw vegetables can be substituted for any listed here. When corn is coming into season, add the raw kernels cut from two ears of corn.
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup small, tender sugar snap peas, strings removed and ends trimmed
- 8 grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 radishes, cut in half and then into thin slices
- 8 small broccoli florets
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1Combine the carrot, sugar snaps, tomatoes, radishes, broccoli, bell pepper, cucumber, cabbage and onion in a salad bowl; toss until well mixed.
Step 2Whisk the mustard and vinegar together in a small bowl, then whisk in the olive oil. Add the garlic and basil.
Step 3Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until coated. Season well with salt and pepper.
Each of 6 servings:
88 calories; 1 gram protein; 6 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams fiber; 7 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 77 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Healthy eating