Total time: 10 minutes | Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large European hothouse cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Step 1Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mint, sugar, salt and pepper in large bowl. Just before serving, toss the cucumber and red onion with the vinaigrette.
Note: To use a regular cucumber in this crunchy, colorful salad, peel, quarter, seed and slice it into bite-sized pieces.