Total time: 15 minutes | Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon peanut or corn oil
- 8 small boneless, skinless fillets of flounder, sole or sand dabs, about 1 1/4 pounds total
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives or parsley
- 4 lemon or lime wedges
Step 1Heat the broiler to high. Oil a baking sheet that fits under the broiler.
Step 2Lay the fillets on the baking sheet and season well with salt and pepper. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and chives or parsley and spread evenly over the fish.
Step 3Place the baking sheet under the broiler 3 or 4 inches from the heat source. Broil until the topping is golden brown and the fish is just cooked through, about 2 to 4 minutes, depending on the variety of fish. Serve immediately with lemon or lime wedges.
Note: This is adapted from "60-Minute Gourmet" by Pierre Franey.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Fish and Shellfish