Total time: 25 minutes plus 8 hours chilling | Serves 6
- 1 bunch green onions, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped ginger root
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Coarse salt
Step 1Combine onions, cilantro, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, peppercorns, red pepper flakes, pepper and salt to taste in bowl. Chill overnight before using. Makes 3 cups.
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup white sesame seeds
- 6 (6- to 8-ounce) thick center-cut ahi tuna steaks
Step 1Combine black and white sesame seeds. Roll tuna steaks in seeds. Heat a large skillet over high heat. When a drop of water pops out of pan, add tuna and sear on each side 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to paper towels, then thinly slice each steak.
Step 2To serve, ladle 1/4 cup Asian Vinaigrette onto each of 6 plates. Top with fan of tuna slices. Repeat with other steaks.
275 calories; 1,120 mg sodium; 60 mg cholesterol; 13 grams fat; 12 grams carbohydrates; 41 grams protein; 1.96 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Fish and shellfish