Total time: 25 minutes | Serves 8 to 10
- 4 ounces prosciutto (1 cup chopped)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, sliced into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 ficelle (long, very thin French bread)
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
Step 1Chop the prosciutto very fine. Place in a mixing bowl with cheese, butter and pepper. Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth and completely blended. Add more pepper if you like. (If you're not using this immediately, hold it at room temperature; refrigerating it will harden it and it can't be easily spread.)
Step 2Warm the ficelle in the oven on low heat. Cut into thin slices. Spread about 1 tablespoon prosciutto mixture on each and sprinkle with a few pine nuts.
238 calories; 11 grams protein; 16 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram fiber; 15 grams fat; 7 grams saturated fat; 35 mg. cholesterol; 541 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Appetizers