Total time: 30 minutes | Makes about 2 quarts
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can white northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons Aleppo pepper, or to taste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Juice of ½ lemon, more to taste
Step 1In a bowl, mix together the bell peppers, parsley and onion. Stir in the beans, Aleppo pepper, oil, molasses, sea salt and lemon. Taste, and adjust the seasoning and flavorings if desired. This makes about 2 quarts piyas, which will keep, covered and refrigerated, up to 5 days.
Note: Adapted from a recipe by Luqman Barwari, owner and chef of Nîroj Kurdish Cuisine in Agoura Hills. Pomegranate molasses and Aleppo pepper are generally available at Middle Eastern markets and well-stocked supermarkets, as well as online.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Sauces and Condiments