5 minutes. Makes scant 3 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried savory or thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano or marjoram
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Step 1Pulse the sage, rosemary, savory, oreganoand peppercorns in a spice grinder until coarsely ground. If you don’t have a spice grinder, substitute 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper for the whole peppercorns and rub the dried herbs between your fingers to crush them. Stir in the nutmeg until well-mixed.
The seasoning will keep in an airtight container for up to one month.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Sauces and Condiments