Total time: 5 minutes | Makes about one-half cup
- 2 tablespoons best-quality red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons best-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallots
Step 1In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
Step 2Slowly pour in the olive oil as you continue to whisk. Whisk until completely emulsified. Add the shallots and whisk to combine.
93 calories; 0 protein; 0 carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 10 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 80 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Sauces and Condiments