Active work and total preparation time: 15 minutes | Serves 4 to 6
Note: Imagine a a fisherman's boat after a storm.
- 4 cups Thai chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 pound fish filet, cut into 1-inch strips
- 6 green-lipped mussels
- 4 to 5 button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 to 3 fresh Thai chiles
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Makrut (Thai) lime leaves, for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
Step 1Bring stock to simmer over medium-high heat in large pot. Add basil, shrimp, fish, mussels, mushrooms and chiles and cook until mussels and shrimp turn color, about 4 minutes. Stir in fish sauce and lime juice. Divide among serving bowls and garnish each with 1 to 2 lime leaves and cilantro.
Each of 6 servings:
86 calories; 1,063 mg sodium; 33 mg cholesterol; 2 grams fat; 5 grams carbohydrates; 10 grams protein; 0.07 gram fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Fish and Shellfish