Total time: 15 minutes | Serves 4
Note: This method is based on a recipe from "Small Bites, Big Nights" by Govind Armstrong.
- 1 pound medium (26 to 30) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or other herb (or 1 teaspoon fennel seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 4 slices
- 2 cups cooked rice (such as basmati; follow cooking instructions on the package)
Step 1Bring a large pot of water to 150 degrees, just below a simmer.
Step 2Pat the shrimp completely dry. Place in a bowl and toss with the dill, salt and pepper until the seasonings are well dispersed. Transfer to a quart-size resealable freezer bag. Add the butter. Fold the bag over to force out as much air as possible, then seal.
Step 3Check the temperature of the water with an instant-read thermometer. Lay the bag into the water and cook 5 minutes, then turn the bag over and continue cooking until all the shrimp are just pink, 3 to 7 minutes longer. Turn out into a shallow bowl. Serve over rice.
426 calories; 27 grams protein; 46 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram fiber; 14 grams fat; 8 grams saturated fat; 202 mg. cholesterol; 459 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Fish and shellfish