Total time: 20 minutes | Makes 2 cups
- 1/2 cup whole blanched almonds, preferably Marcona, roasted and salted
- 1 (7-ounce) jar piquillo peppers, drained and coarsely chopped, or 1/2 (13.75 ounce) can
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, preferably Spanish
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Salt to taste
Step 1Combine the almonds, piquillos, olive oil, smoked paprika and cayenne in a blender. Process until smooth.
Step 2Transfer to a bowl; stir in the garlic and vinegar and salt to taste. Serve as a spread on bread, a sauce for grilled fish or meat or as a dip for roasted potatoes.
69 calories; 1 gram protein; 1 gram carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 7 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 31 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Sauces and Condiments