Total time: 10 minutes | Makes about 2 cups spread
Note: From Bill and Barbara Spencer of Windrose Farm.
- 8 to 10 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dried smoked tomato (an oil-packed sun-dried tomato can be substituted), minced
- 2 to 3 cloves smoked garlic (roasted garlic cloves can be substituted), minced
- Scant 1 teaspoon minced rosemary (from one 3-inch piece rosemary)
- Fresh bread or hearty crackers, for serving
Step 1In a bowl, beat the goat cheese with enough olive oil to make it easy to spread. Fold in the tomato, garlic and rosemary. This spread is best made the day before and brought to room temperature before serving. Serve with bread or crackers.
Each 2 tablespoons: Calories 69; Protein 3 grams; Carbohydrates 0; Fiber 0; Fat 6 grams; Saturated fat 3 grams; Cholesterol 7 mg; Sugar 0; Sodium 74 mg
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Appetizers