Total time: 25 minutes | Serves 8 to 10
Note: The spicier this soup, the better. Add the chipotle puree a little at a time until your taste buds are satisfied.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked spaghetti squash strands
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pureed chipotle chiles packed in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
Step 1Heat oil in 3-quart pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add broth, squash, tomatoes, beans, chiles and salt. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes. (Can be made 2 days ahead and refrigerated.) To serve, stir in cilantro, taste and adjust seasonings.
Each of 10 servings:
97 calories; 536 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 2 grams fat; 16 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams protein; 1.54 gram fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Main courses