Total time: 15 minutes plus 1 hour chilling | Serves 4 to 5
- 2 ears young corn, kernels cut off
- 1/3 cup sweet gherkin pickle juice
- 1/4 cup minced sweet gherkin pickles
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Step 1Put corn, pickle juice, pickles, onion, pepper, vinegar, salt and pepper flakes in 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Stir well. Simmer 2 minutes. (Can be made several days ahead and refrigerated.) To serve, mix well, drain off juices. Chill 1 hour before serving.
Each of 5 servings:
46 calories; 381 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 0 fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram protein; 0.38 gram fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Sauces and condiments