Total time: 10 minutes | Serves 2
Note: Serve with warm rustic bread or a side dish of rice or pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion, such as Vidalia
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced jalapeno, seeds optional
- 12 large uncooked, shelled, tail-on shrimp
- 2 cups Heather's caponata
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Chopped cilantro or basil leaves, for garnish, optional
Step 1Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onion, garlic and jalapeno. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp; stir-fry until half-cooked, about 1 minute. Stir in the caponata (with juices; do not drain) and 1/2 cup of broth. Cook until hot, about 2 minutes. Add more broth if needed. Taste; adjust the seasoning. Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro or basil, if using.
465 calories; 674 mg sodium; 332 mg cholesterol; 24 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 25 grams carbohydrates; 39 grams protein; 5.08 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Fish and Shellfish