Total time: 10 minutes | Serves 12 to 16 (makes 3 cups)
- 8 ounces Scottish smoked salmon
- I ounce (about 2 1/2 tablespoons) salmon roe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) creme fraiche
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch of Maldon sea salt
Step 1Puree the smoked salmon and salmon roe in a food processor until smooth.
Step 2Place the mixture in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat in the cream cheese, creme fraiche, lemon juice and salt and mix until fluffy, about 1 minute.
Step 3Serve with slices of pumpernickel bread.
Note: From Sam Marvin at Le Dome. Maldon is a brand of flaky sea salt available at gourmet food stores and upscale markets.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Appetizers