Total time: 30 minutes | Serves 2
- 4 hard-boiled egg whites
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Salt, to taste, optional
- 4 slices whole-wheat or rye bread
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
Step 1Coarsely mash the egg whites with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, green onions, celery, tarragon, pepper and optional salt; mix well. Use immediately or refrigerate overnight.
Step 2Make two sandwiches, adding lettuce and sliced tomatoes to each. Cut the sandwiches in half. Serve immediately or wrap airtight and refrigerate.
253 calories; 610 mg sodium; 8 mg cholesterol; 10 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 29 grams carbohydrates; 13 grams protein; 4.36 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Sandwiches