Total time: 15 minutes | Serves 2 to 4
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (14-ounce) carton medium tofu
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 small Japanese cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup daikon sprouts, bottoms trimmed
- 1/2 cup bonito flakes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced nori (dried seaweed)
Step 1Blend together sesame seeds, mayonnaise, vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, mirin and water until smooth. Set aside in refrigerator.
Step 2Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into cubes and place in medium bowl. Arrange tomato slices, cucumber slices and sprouts on top.
Step 3Pour dressing over and garnish with bonito flakes and seaweed.
Each of 4 servings:
361 calories; 1,643 mg sodium; 10 mg cholesterol; 26 grams fat; 29 grams carbohydrates; 21 grams protein; 2.96 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Quick and Easy