Total time: 15 minutes | Serves 4
Note: Adapted from Cook's Country, August/September 2005, in which it is called "Bring Home the Bacon" tomato salad.
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound tomatoes (about 3), cored and cut into 1-inch chunks (or 1 pound cherry or grape tomatoes, halved)
- 1 ripe but still firm avocado, diced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, drained well and crumbled
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, leaves separated but left whole
Step 1Whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, milk, garlic and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Step 2Place the tomatoes, avocado and bacon in a large bowl and pour the dressing over. Toss until evenly coated. Adjust seasonings.
Step 3Line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with salad. Serve.
205 calories; 8 grams protein; 10 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams fiber; 16 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 17 mg. cholesterol; 473 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
More recipes in Quick and Easy