Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes | Serves 6
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes with liquid
- 4 cups water
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can garbanzo beans with liquid
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 boiling potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup cubed banana squash
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- Kernels from 1 ear corn
- 1 cup fresh peas
- Salt, pepper
Step 1Saute onion and garlic in 5-quart Dutch oven sprayed with nonstick cooking spray until tender and onion begins to brown around edges, about 5 minutes.
Step 2Stir in chili powder, oregano and cumin. Stir in tomatoes with liquid and water. Stir in garbanzo beans with liquid, celery, potato and squash. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in cauliflower and corn. Cover and continue cooking until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in peas last 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
166 calories; 407 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 2 grams fat; 33 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams protein; 2.79 grams fiber.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Healthy Eating