Total time: 40 minutes | Serves 4
Note: You can store tapenade and aioli in the refrigerator several days.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 3/4 cups Kalamata olives
- 2 1/2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Step 1Place the garlic in a food processor and pulse until minced. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until mixture reaches a consistency of minced olives. Makes 1 3/4 cups.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Step 1Place the garlic in a food processor and pulse until minced. Add basil and pulse until finely chopped. Add parsley, salt, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and the egg, then pulse until combined.
Step 2Slowly pour the olive oil through the feeding tube while the processor is running, allowing the mixture to combine and create an emulsion. Makes 1 1/4 cups.
Sandwich and assembly
- 1 (1-pound) loaf La Brea Bakery Pain Rustique
- 1/2 cup tapenade
- 1/3 cup aioli
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 cup very thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup very thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 cup very thinly sliced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1 cup very thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 cup arugula, washed and dried
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Step 1Slice the bread horizontally and lay the halves on a cutting board. Spread the tapenade on one half and the aioli on the other.
Step 2Thinly slice the hard-cooked eggs and make one layer of eggs on the bottom side of the bread; sprinkle lightly with salt. Layer the vegetables, salting to taste. End with arugula. Drizzle with oil and vinegar. Add the top half of the bread, press gently and cut into four sandwiches.
623 calories; 18 grams protein; 67 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams fiber; 32 grams fat; 6 grams saturated fat; 225 mg. cholesterol; 1,114 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Sandwiches