Total time: 1 hour, 25 minutes | Serves 6 to 8
- 4 medium zucchini, trimmed, quartered lengthwise and sliced into 3/8-inch pieces
- 6 plum tomatoes, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into thin slices
Step 1Heat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the zucchini, tomatoes, garlic and basil and mix well. Season with 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and one-fourth teaspoon pepper and mix in the chile flakes. Adjust seasoning to taste. Spread into a 9-inch square baking dish.
Step 2Wipe the bowl dry and add the flour, pine nuts and cheese. Using your fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs and starts to clump. Crumble evenly over the zucchini mixture.
Step 3Bake 1 hour, until the topping is crisp and the vegetables are stewed.
Each of 8 servings:
187 calories; 8 grams protein; 12 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams fiber; 12 grams fat; 6 grams saturated fat; 131 mg. cholesterol; 261 mg. sodium.
Have a specific question about a recipe or found a problem? Let us know at email@example.com
More recipes in Vegetables